Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: James Cameron

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    James Cameron

    i don't know if it's already been discussed, and if it has then sorry for the repost...if not, then i'm surprised

    James Cameron has done a documentary to appear on Discovery Channel tonight at 9pm...it is about a man who claims to have found the tomb of Jesus and his family and it claims to be proof that Jesus has a son

    should be an interesting show
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    I don't think anyone mentioned it either. I just wonder how they can determine this would truly be Jesus. Of course, I think it is BS and just a ploy for some attention.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    it's television. it's about attracting viewers.
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    I had expected it to be posted on the Religion Forum.

    Don't take this as defending their position, just explaining it. They are using as evidence that the names Jesus, Mary (twice) and Joseph are all contained within the same tomb as well as the real last name of Mary Magdalene and James the brother of Jesus' nickname are all there. They then used statisticians to calculate the chances of this happening by chance.

    The odds of it being chance are very high. Of course they are not nearly as high as the odds of random mutation leading to positive macro-evolution or of the bang bang creating the universe. Yet these things are taught as fact in our public schools.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    What about the issue of three different languages being written on the supposed box of Jesus's bones, but apparently not the others. It makes little sense to me.

    I also understand what your saying Gotch.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    My understanding is that this is probably because the tomb was used for many generations by the same family. That's their explanation at least. Does seem to raise more questions than create answers to me too.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    this is a really really good documentary. I've been reading the discussion going on over at discovery, and it seems people can't accept these findings because people take it literally when one says Jesus is alive today. I think what most people fail to realize is that Jesus Christ was human, an actual physical being. Therefore, he was born, he lived, he died. A body was buried, and yes he rose from the grave, but it wasn't a physical rising, it was a spiritual rising.
    Well that's my belief anyway.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    I actually enjoyed the show. It might possibly be his family's tomb but there is no certain way to tell. I wish they would have tried to test some of the other people in the tombs dna. If it was Mary Magdalen's tomb also i would like to know why she would be there. Maybe he was married to her again its impossible to tell unless they find some written evidence.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    You sure about that steer?

    If it was not a physical rising then why didn't the Roman soldiers find a body in the tomb after the stone was rolled away. It was a physical rising as well.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: James Cameron

    They discussed that on the show last night too. The widley held belief is that it was a physical rising as well as spiritual. They were using the soldiers not finding anything to lend to the notion that they didn't find anything since his followers and family had removed the body after the spiritual rise and placed it in the family tomb.

    I am gonna go with you that is was a physical and spiritual rising.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •